Soft and Creamy Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. Oreo Cookie crust layered with chocolate cheesecake and topped with chocolate ganache. The perfect cheesecake for chocolate lovers!
- 2 cups Oreos (about 22-24 cookies), crushed (I pulse them in the food processor)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese (32 ounces), room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch spring form pan with butter and set aside.
- Add crushed Oreo’s and butter to a medium bowl and mix until combined and the texture is similar to wet sand.
- Press Oreo crumbs into the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Add in cooled chocolate and mix until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the cooled pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the top looks set.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan to prevent cracking. (Leave the cake in pan). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight to chill and set.
- A couple of hours before serving prepare ganache and spread onto cheesecake. Let set before serving (1 to 2 hours).
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals until fully melted.
- Allow the ganache to cool for about 2-3 minutes. Pour and spread ontop of the cake.
- Place back into the fridge to allow the ganache to set.
- *NOTE: Prep time does not include cooling time in the fridge*