This is one of the easiest muffin recipes you will EVER make! All you need for this recipe is two bowls. No stand mixer needed! These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are not too sweet and are loaded with tons of chocolate. I added 1 1/2 cups of oil to these muffins & 1 can of pumpkin to make them super soft and tender.
To make these muffins simply whisk together the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients then stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter among the muffin tins. I usually fill the batter 3/4 of the way up so the muffins don’t overflow. This recipe makes 2 dozen pumpkin muffins! Perfect for freezing!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce can) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1½ cups canola oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray two muffin pans with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, both sugars, pumpkin and oil until smooth, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. (Do not over mix). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean. I like to under bake mine a bit to keep the muffins extra moist.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.