These soft and creamy No Bake Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bars combine the subtle tanginess of cheesecake with the irresistible taste of dark chocolate. Easily made gluten-free or vegan depending on your dietary needs, they’re a delicious lightened-up treat for any chocolate lover!
I can tell you that they taste absolutely irresistible, with a subtle tangy cheesiness combined with the irresistible flavour of dark chocolate. And the best part is that you can easily make these to suit your dietary preferences. Need them to be gluten-free? Make them with gluten-free graham crackers. Need the to be vegan? Make them with vegan cream cheese and graham crackers made without honey. They’re a perfect treat for any chocolate lover!
- 1 cup (~120g) graham cracker crumbs**
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened to room temperature***
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- graham cracker crumbs, cacao nibs, or chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Line a 9×4 loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add graham crackers, coconut flour, and cocoa powder to the bowl of a food processor and process until the graham crackers have broken down into fine crumbs. Add cream cheese, honey, and vanilla extract, and continue processing until the mixture sticks together and a dough begins to form. If it seems too crumbly or dry, add a small splash of almond milk to reach a moister consistency.**** The dough should be moist enough to hold together when you press it between your fingers, but not so moist that it’s wet and sticky.
- Transfer dough to your prepared baking pan and use a spatula or your hands to spread it evenly in the pan, making sure to press down firmly. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high in 30 second increments until melted and smooth, making sure to stir between each.
- Pour chocolate over bars and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Top with more graham cracker crumbs, cacao nibs, or chocolate shavings, if desired, and transfer pan to fridge for at least an hour to allow the bars to set.
- When bars have set, remove from fridge and allow to thaw for a few minutes before using a sharp knife to cut into individual bars or squares. Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for longer periods.
** To make these gluten-free, use certified gluten-free graham crackers. To make them vegan, use ones made without honey.
**** Add almond milk (or any milk) 1 tablespoon at a time until proper consistency is reached.