Mocha Cream Brownies. Soft and chewy brownies layered with a coffee cream and chocolate ganache!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
Coffee Cream Layer
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1½ teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with both sugars, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
- Fold in the flour and stir until combined. (Do not over mix)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool spread the brownies with the coffee cream.
- Top with the chocolate ganache.
- Place the brownies in the fridge to set for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Coffee Cream Layer
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in heavy cream, coffee granules and powdered sugar. Mix until combined and smoothed. Set aside until you are ready to assemble the brownies.
- In a small saucepan add the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth and melted, set aside.