This low carb bread bun is a quick and easy bread solution for those looking for something low carb or gluten-free. There is no wheat flour and the bread is sturdy enough to use for sandwiches, burgers and more.
I’ve been experimenting a lot with low carb bread options lately and will hopefully be sharing my favorites with you. This one is a very easy one, with just a few ingredients. It really does resemble regular bread when it’s finished baking. It’s light and fluffy, though of course, it does not taste exactly the same as regular bread. But for those looking for a lighter substitute, I think these work out quite nicely.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp low fat milk
- 1 tbsp almond flour, lightly packed
- 1 tbsp coconut flour, lightly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients except sesame seeds. Stir with a small whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Lightly grease a 4 inch ramekin. Pour batter into ramekin. If surface is uneven, smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle sesame seeds across surface.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until surface of the bread springs back when touched rather than sinking in. Mine was done at around 17-18 minutes. Let bread cool slightly. Use a spatula to loosen the bread from the sides of the ramekin. Slice bread bun in half and fill with ingredients of your choice.