It is by most known that chia seeds are a great essential food for our body and for our cupboard. It contains beneficial properties among which are phosphorus, calcium, fiber, magnesium, potassium, iron, essential amino acids, antioxidants. In this flavored water, you can also enjoy the properties of these seeds, a drink to implement in your diet for your benefit to the body.
Benefits of these flavored waters
It is the vegetable with the highest content of Omega 3, which fulfills important functions in the body as it helps to normalize high blood pressure, maintain the flexibility of cell membranes, prevent cardiovascular diseases, reduce cholesterol levels, protect the heart, improve the health of the nervous and immunological system, all these properties in a richly flavored and natural drink that you can include in any diet.
In addition, as if that were not enough, chia seeds have the characteristic of producing a satiating effect, which is why they are highly demanded reducing diets. They are a complete protein and, unlike flax seeds, they are very stable to store, that is, they are not prone to rancidity.
Water flavored with chia seeds
Chia seed drinks are the perfect appetizer since they have natural sugars that, along with the fat and protein of the seeds, are maintained for hours. Here we offer you two recipes to prepare waters that you can ingest as a nutritious and healthy snack, or as a complement to your weight loss diets.
How to Eat Chia Seeds
A chia seed drink is a perfect snack since it has natural sugars that, combined with the fat and protein of the seeds, will hold you over for hours. But there are plenty of other ways to get your fill of chia seeds:
- Sprinkle chia seeds on yogurt, smoothie bowls, and oatmeal
- Make a chia seed pudding
- Mix chia seeds into baked goods, like muffins or pancakes
- Sprinkle chia seeds on sliced fruit or salads
- Add to homemade ice pops
- 1 cup of natural juice of your choice
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
Heat the water
- Once hot put it in a cup and place the three tablespoons of chia seeds
- Stir well until the chia seeds are dispersed evenly and begin to inflate.
- Cover and put the cup in the refrigerator.
- Let rest during the night.
- The next day your chia seeds should be much larger in size and totally gelatinous. Your “water” should now be a thick gel.
- Mix 1 cup of your chia seeds gel with 1 cup of the juice of your choice and stir well.
This recipe serves 2 servings.
Lemonade with chia seeds
You can also make a quick lemonade with chia seeds, try the following recipe.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of chia seeds for 10 minutes in 1 glass of water.
- Until what gel is made.
- In a jar, pour 3 glasses of water. Add a natural sweetener of your choice and stir.
- Squeeze 3 to 4 lemons into the jar and add the soaked chia.
- Integrate everything and add ice to taste.
Whole chia seeds vs. ground chia seeds
When shopping for chia seeds, opt for whole chia seeds. Nutritional integrity is better protected in the whole version of the food, making it the best choice.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
You may be wondering if eating all these chia seeds is doing your body any good. The answer is absolute.
Chia seeds have:
- More omega-3s than salmon
- More potassium than bananas
- Tons of antioxidants
- and more calcium than milk
Chia seeds are also a complete protein and naturally free of gluten. And unlike flaxseeds, chia seeds are very shelf stable and not prone to rancidity.
What’s more, studies suggest chia seeds have wide-reaching health benefits, including reduced blood pressure, more stable blood sugar levels, reduced inflammation, and greater weight loss.
Read next: Chia Water To Purify Body & Reduce Fat
Photo credit: Pixabay