THIS HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE IS FULL OF CHICKEN AND VEGGIES, ALL COATED IN THE EASIEST SWEET AND SAVORY SAUCE. A HEALTHIER DINNER OPTION THAT THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE!
So it seems like stir fries have kind of become my thing. It wasn’t something I set out to do, but my stir fry recipes tend to be some of the most popular recipes on my site! Today I’ve got a honey garlic chicken version that’s quick, healthy and incredibly easy to make! I love that you can customize the meat and veggies exactly to your liking, and the honey garlic chicken sauce only has 4 ingredients, how can you go wrong with that?
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
This honey garlic chicken stir fry recipe is chicken and vegetables, cooked to perfection and tossed in a sweet and savory sauce.
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil divided use
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and carrots and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, honey and soy sauce.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired.