Soft & Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Made with semi sweet chocolate chips and cocoa powder. These cookies take only 20 minutes to make start to finish!
These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are super rich, ultra fudgey, and chewy. If you are a chocolate lover you will absolutely love these cookies. These cookies are best served warm with a tall glass of milk!
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup) softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, coffee granules and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer on the lowest speed in two increments. Mix until combined. Try not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Portion out cookies into rounded tablespoons and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges of the cookie are firm. They will still look soft don’t worry they will continue to cook as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days and in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.