The liver is one of the larger organs in your body and lies on the right side of the abdominal cavity. It’s important for many reasons and, in simple terms, aids in digestion and acts as a filter for all food and liquids consumed, according to the Center for Disease Control’s Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. The liver assists in breaking down fats retain vitamins and minerals, converts excess glucose to glycogen for storage and cleanses the blood of harmful substances, such as alcohol.
Because the liver is typically the first organ to filter everything you consume and drink, it can become overwhelmed with fats and toxins.Even overeating can decrease liver function because the liver stores excess food as fat. A result of a clogged liver is weight gain.
A good liver cleansing involves eating some supplements in order to improve the organ’s function. There are different “recipes” to cleanse it. All of them include oils, salts, juices, or natural supplements. When your liver is clean, you will be healthier as its main function is to help your body get rid of everything that is “unnecessary”.
What to Know About Liver Cleansing
First of all, you should know about the effects of this technique, which is usually appealing to those who either want to lose weight or have damaged this organ in some way. The primary causes of obesity or being overweight are overeating and lack of exercise, which causes your body to start storing food after first turning it into fat. When there is liver damage, you can suffer from improper micturition, bladder obstruction, soft feces or constipation, which is because of an accumulation of unnecessary toxic materials. When you cleanse your liver, this is removed. The supplements you will eat during the treatment help the organ do its job. The faster and more functional your metabolism, the greater the possibility of you losing weight will be.
Although a liver cleanse is an effective way to lose weight, you should not do it improperly or only for this reason. Before doing the treatment, it’s best to speak to your doctor and learn about the things you can or cannot eat. Remember that it cannot cure diseases or liver complications. Don’t abuse the cleanse because that is not good for your health either. If you want to do it again, wait a reasonable amount of time to do it.
There are different recipes that you can do to cleanse your liver, which will help increase intestinal movement and so that this organ, as well as the bladder, eliminates everything it does not need. During the cleanse, we don’t recommend doing a lot of activities or lifting a lot of weight and staying at home as much as possible. Don’t lay down immediately after you eat the chosen recipe because you may experience dizziness, nausea, or vomiting.
Why Is it Necessary to Cleanse Your Liver?
Basically, because of your lifestyle, disorganized and imbalanced food that you eat, and the lack of exercise and workouts. Your liver generates more fat and then stores it as excess. It is important to do a liver detoxification diet once in awhile in order to improve your liver functioning and increase your energy levels. You may even be more willing to do physical activity, wake up earlier, work harder at work or at school, etc.
In general, you will feel a lot better in many ways. Some people say that their skin type changed: they stopped having acne, for example. The majority of the people that tried this cleanse stated that it helped them lose weight.
How to Cleanse Your Liver
Remember that the work that this organ does every day makes it accumulate toxins, which is why the idea is to eliminate negative residue. You can repeat the process up to three times a year. Keep the following recipes in mind for an effective liver cleanse:
- Grapefruit juice with garlic and ginger: Do this over the weekend. It will also help strengthen your lymphatic system. You will need toe grapefruit, four lemons, two garlic cloves, a slice of ginger root, 300 mL of distilled water, and two tablespoons of olive oil. Squeeze the grapefruit and lemons, grate the ginger, and crush the garlic. Put all of the ingredients in the blender and mix well. Drink before going to bed at night.
- Orange, garlic, and olive oil juice: you will need a fourth cup of olive oil, a fourth cup of fresh squeezed orange juice, a half tablespoon of grated ginger, and a half tablespoon of died garlic. Blend in the blender and drink before going to bed. Lay on your right side. Repeat this for three nights in a row.
Food that Will Help Detox Your Liver
Besides the two recipes mentioned above, you can prepare your body and keep it on the “natural” or detoxifying path one week before or the one after. To do this, we suggest eating the following foods:
- Whole grains: they have vitamin B and improve the metabolization of fats and the liver’s function
- Green tea: it has a lot of antioxidants (catechins), which are useful in helping the liver.
- Grapes: these give you natural sugars and a lot of antioxidants, which also activate the function of the liver cleanse and the production of bile.
- Apples: they have a large number of pectins and chemical components that help your body eliminate toxins from the digestive system.
- Carrots and beets: they have a lot of flavonoids and beta-carotene, which stimulate the liver function.
- Leafy green vegetables: they are great allies for cleansing your liver due to chlorophyll absorbing the toxins from your bloodstream, which protect this highly important organ.
- Olive oil: it is useful when used in moderation.
- Eggplant: this is a digestive tonic that is used to activate the bladder’s functions.
- Escarole and endive: they both have a substance with a bitter flavor that is used to naturally empty the bladder.
- Avocado: it protects the liver against excess toxins and increases the treatment’s cleansing power.
Last tips: reduce the portions you eat; avoid alcohol, red meat, dairy products, and refined products; drink plenty of water; and do moderate exercise.
Source photo: By Pixabay