Lean turkey patties with honey balsamic mushrooms, caramelized onions and oozing melty provolone cheese.
Turkey sliders are great for a few things:
- They’re made with lean turkey so you’re cutting out on major fat content
- They’re slightly smaller than a regular burger so you’re cutting on calories (provided you stick with eating 2 or so)
- They’re absolutely delicious, especially when topped with juicy balsamic mushrooms and sweet caramelized onions.
For the Turkey Patties:
- 16oz 90% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 10 Slider Buns
For the Honey Balsamic Mushrooms:
- 8oz Package Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Tbs Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tbs Vegetable Oil Spread
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
For the Caramelized Onions:
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 5 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Spinach
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, almond milk and honey balsamic vinegar, set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil spread over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until slightly tender. Add balsamic vinegar sauce and reduce to medium heat. Allow mushrooms to simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes to really allow them to soak up the flavor before removing from heat.
- Spray a separate saucepan with cooking spray and saute onions on medium heat. Once onions are slightly browned, add honey and continue to saute until they are caramelized – approx 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, diced shallot, egg white, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Using your hands, combine ingredients (don’t be afraid to get your hands messy…really get all up in there). Spray a medium sized saucepan with cooking spray and turn up to medium heat. Form turkey into 10, small sized patties and cook them in two batches, flipping over once one side is brown. Approximately 5 minutes before you are ready to remove patties from heat, add 1/2 slice of provolone cheese to the top of each patty and allow it to melt.
- Place a little spinach on each slider bun and top with a turkey patty, mushrooms and caramelized onions.