- 4 9- to 10-inch-diameter flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 2/3 cups canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup drained canned Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño chile
- 8 tablespoons grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil. Warm in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onion and oil in large nonstick skillet. Stir over medium-high heat until onion is golden, about 6 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder; stir 20 seconds. Add bell pepper, corn and carrot; sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes and jalapeño; bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. remove from heat.
- Place warm tortillas on work surface. Spoon filling down center, dividing equally. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, then 1 tablespoon each of sour cream and cilantro. Fold sides of tortillas over filling, forming packages. Turn each package, seam side down, onto plate.