Recently, natural medicine is again becoming extremely popular, and the capacity of natural remedies to treat various health conditions cannot be denied. Multiple studies have confirmed that these recipes are even more effective than conventional medical treatments.
One recipe of this kind is the mixture of baking soda and castor oil. Its ingredients are extremely beneficial and provide potent medicinal properties in the case of various health conditions. When these ingredients are combined, you get an extremely potent natural remedy that can provide positive effects in the case of more than 20 health problems.
You have probably heard a lot about the properties of baking soda and its wide range of uses. Castor oil treats various diseases, and when used as a coating, it is one of the most effective natural remedies which stimulate circulation. Due to this quality, it is often used as a compress.
What is baking soda?
Primarily used in baking this is an agent that reacts with acidic components. This is something very cost effective that can do things like reducing heartburn and indigestion much easier than Tums.
What is castor oil?
Castor oil is an oil that we get from castor beans it is used medically and as a lubricant. This oil is great for oral care, hair care, skin care, and menstrual disorders to name a few.
Castor Oil Compress
- Clean cotton gauze or all-cotton towel (castor oil stains so don’t use a fancy guest towel)
- Plastic wrap
- Hot water bottle
- Dry towel
- Baking soda
- Castor oil, organic and cold-pressed
- Fill the hot water bottle with hot (not boiling) water.
- Wash the affected area with baking soda and a little water.
- Soak gauze or towel in castor oil and place on the clean area.
- Wrap the gauze with plastic wrap and cover with a hot water bottle. Keep the hot water bottle in place with a larger towel.
- Allow penetrating for at least an hour.
- When finished, carefully remove the plastic for re-use and wash the area with baking soda and water (if desired) or gently rub the castor oil into the surrounding skin.
- Use a new castor oil compress daily for 40 days to see results.
These are some of the most important uses of castor oil and baking soda:
- Castor oil coatings applied on the neck efficiently treat chronic hoarseness and vocal cord nodules
- The oral use of 6-8 drops of castor oil for 4 months completely cures tinnitus
- Drip a couple of drops of castor oil in your ear to enhance your hearing
- Castor oil removes pilonidal cysts
- Massage with castor oil can reduce and prevent the appearance of stretch marks
- Mix baking soda with castor oil to remove the dark spots on the face
- Castor oil compress quickly treats injured ankles
- Castor oil effectively treats cataracts. All you need to do is to drip a drop of castor oil in the eyes before going to sleep at night
- Consume 5 drops of castor oil daily to prevent allergies
- Castor oil coating can significantly ease the pain in the back
- The regular massage with castor oil removes calcium deposits on the soles
- You should rub some castor oil on the eyelids before bedtime to treat ocular allergies
- Apply castor oil directly to treat mouth sores
- Massage the scalp with castor oil on a daily basis to stimulate the growth of your hair
- Rub castor oil on warts for 30 days to remove them completely
- Apply castor oil coating on the stomach to reduce hyperactivity
- It relieves topical skin injuries like cuts, burns, bruises
- Apply castor oil topically on bug bites to relieve the swelling and itching
- The coatings of castor oil treat diarrhea
- Treat fungal infections like athlete’s foot with the application of castor oil coatings on the feet
- It effectively treats hepatitis
- Castor oil coatings on the stomach can stop the snoring in 2 weeks
- A mixture of baking soda and castor oil is extremely helpful in the case of cancer
- The consumption of a few drops of castor oil on a daily basis can help you reduce the addiction to alcohol and nicotine