Cinnamon has antifungal, antibacterial, and even antiviral properties. The combination of cinnamon and milk can serve as a medicine for numerous diseases and it can help you to relax and get better sleep.
Cinnamon milk not only has a lot of health and beauty benefits and remedies but also tastes great!
Cinnamon is a very powerful antioxidant and when compared to six other antioxidant spices (anise, ginger, liquorice, mint, nutmeg and vanilla), cinnamon prevents oxidation more effectively than all the other spices (except mint)
Warming tonic during winters
Cinnamon milk is a great warming tonic. Drinking cinnamon milk helps to warm our interior and increase circulation throughout our bodies.
Cinnamon milk is great in increasing the bone density, thus preventing arthritis.
Cinnamon milk can help ease digestive issues like indigestion and cramping. It will also help firm loose bowels, so it is a very effective diarrhoea remedy for children.
Cold and flu
Cinnamon milk can help to prevent and cure colds and flus. It’s also great for chronically cold hands and feet.
Great for diabetes
Cinnamon milk helps the body respond to insulin more effectively, which encourages healthy blood sugar levels.
Drinking cinnamon milk regularly will help reduce cavities, strengthen gums and also decrease insect bites.
Cinnamon can actually slow down the process of moving food into your stomach. This is a good thing for those attempting to lose weight because this activity will help you feel full for a longer period of time. The great thing about using cinnamon for weight loss is that it is such a common spice, since it is a “superfood” every household keeps and can be added to many common foods.
HERE ARE THE TOP REMEDIES USING CINNAMON MILK
- Sore throat – Cinnamon is a spice that is great for treating sore throat, this milk also will help you get uninterrupted sleep when you are suffering from sore throat. Drink 1 cup cinnamon milk before bedtime for relief.
- Insomnia – Lack of good night’s sleep increases heart problems, causes accidents and affects our performance greatly. Try making a ritual of drinking cinnamon milk before going to bed and after waking up, if you are suffering from insomnia.
- Glowy skin – Cold cinnamon milk can be used to brighten up your facial skin! before bedtime, apply cold cinnamon milk (minus the vanilla extract) on face with a cotton ball and wash it off in the morning. It will make your skin glowy and reduce pimples too!
- Hair conditioner – Cinnamon milk makes an excellent hair conditioner, but you are supposed to apply it before shampooing. Fill the milk in a spray bottle or pump and apply it all over your hair. Let it sit for 2-3 hours and shampoo as usual. You will find your hair shiny, healthy and a bit sleek.
Cinnamon milk recipe
Combine 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1 cup warm milk, Honey as per taste and Few drops vanilla extract. Serve warm!
- Cinnamon can be purchased in several forms, including ground powder, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon bark oil, or even capsules.
- Not all cinnamon were created equal, so be careful what you buy.