Keep these design tips and ideas in mind as you plan your dream bathroom.
1. Think function first: Your new bathroom must be fully functional.
2. Map the space: Plumbing matters will impact where you situate your tub, toilet, and shower.
3. Select a motif: What type of ambiance do you want in your bathroom?
4. Know your materials: When choosing materials for your bathroom, make sure you comprehend the inherent qualities and pitfalls of every material.
5. Take care with lighting: Choosing the proper lighting is crucial in bathrooms where mirrors and atmosphere are important. Think about the right task lighting for shower and sinks areas too.
6. Don’t forget about mother nature: Try to include plants and other foliage in your new bathroom. The asymmetrical properties of things that grow will assist with offsetting the bathroom’s various fractal properties.
7. Make it relaxing: Bathrooms aren’t simply about functionality, bathrooms are also a retreat. Give your bathroom a spa-like ambiance where you can relax and wash-off the stresses of the day.
8. Incorporate little or big luxuries: Think about what other functions would turn your bathroom into your dream sanctuary. Perhaps you’d like a bathtub with massaging jets, a steam room, heated floor?
9. Echo your favorite style: Be imaginative, it’s fine to think outside the box. Decorate one part of your wall in a unique motif, or how about aluminum or glass tiles?
10. Combine soft and hard materials and textures: Use minute quantities of fabric to decrease the usual harshness of most bathroom materials. Use shower curtains, towels, window treatment, anything that will “soften-up” the hard space.
11. Plan your bathroom lighting? The most important area for bathroom lighting is the mirror. Wall-mount lights at each side at around eye-level with a third light over the mirror.. Sconce lighting with a dimmer is great for setting the mood for late night long baths.
12. Pimp your bathtub: A bathtub will take up space; thereby, becoming a natural focal-point in a bathroom. Freestanding bathtubs make a bathroom appear chick and sophisticated. So do claw-and-ball feet styles, those with a pedestal base, straight-sided like a sculpture or streamlined. If you’re really bold, try for an off-color like hot red or chartreuse.
13. Create a spa shower: Luxury showers can duplicate a spa like experience in a dream bathroom. Just be sure to install a number of spray heads.
14. Do your thing with cabinetry: Bathroom cabinetry is two-fold. It combines form and function and resonates your individual style whether its vintage, modern, traditional, or art deco.
15. Select flooring: Bathroom floors should endure, be resistant to water, be slip resistant and still look attractive. Of course, the most beautiful are glistening ceramic and stone tiles. If you go with a polished stone, be sure to select a honed flooring finish to increase traction.
16. Over-the-top: Feel like getting really fancy? How about a gas-insert fireplace, a sound system or beverage center?
17. Create ambiance with color: Color has the power to liven-up and soothe, to make you relax or wake you up. Go for it!
18. Green with envy: While remodeling your bathroom, think about changing to a more eco-friendly design. Low-volume toilets, tankless water heaters, and new efficient faucets are a good start.
19. Mirror, Mirror on the wall: If you want your bathroom to look bigger, add a few stylish mirrors. Mirrors reflect light and by reflecting it back, your room will appear brighter.
20. Chandelier: If you have an eccentric streak, why not hang a chandelier in your dream bathroom? Chandelier are the epitome of drama and exceptionality.